Handcrafted Luxury Decoration
Rodríguez Ros has a team of highly trained applicators who are qualified and have broad experience in any type of carving work. The materials used to make this craft carvings belong to the SIKACRETE mortar range of products that is adapted for the decoration of facades, walls and skirting board and the creation of singular elements in shopping malls, hotels, private homes, city parks, gardens, fountains, etc., through the application of some of the above-mentioned techniques.
INTERIOR DECORATION COMPANY FOR LUXURY VILLAS
DEVELOPMENT OF HANDCRAFTED DECORATION SERVICES
- We make a sketch on paper to finally capture it on the surface (mortar, plaster decoration, plaster decoration…).
- The same sketch is drawn on the surface prepared for the carving.
- The carving is carried out with different handmade and manual tools. It can be decorated with dyes that will make the carving even more attractive.
- Afterwards it will be sealed with resins according to technical requirements.
SERVICES DECORATION OF
Rodriguez Ros, an interior decoration company specialising in façade cladding, is an official applicator of professional Sika microcements.
WHAT ARE MICROCEMENTS?
Microcements are high quality cementitious coatings composed of polymers, resins, aggregates and pigmented with a wide range of dyes. They can be combined with other materials to give a special finish. We can usually find microcement and other surfaces.
CHARACTERISTICS OF MICROCEMENT
- Highly resistant to external agents such as UV rays.
- Professional and homogeneous appearance. A multitude of colours can be created.
- Can be applied to outdoor surfaces.
- High bending, abrasion and compression resistance. No joints required.
- Very waterproof. Ideal for humid or high temperature areas.
- High adhesion capacity.
RENOVATION OF DECORATION WITH MICROCEMENT
As experts in interior decoration, villas, facades… microcement is the material most chosen by architects and decorators to decorate spaces. It can be applied in homes, shops, offices, industrial warehouses, shopping centres, etc… We can find different surfaces such as microcement flooring, walls…
- Primer with SIKATOP 10 for ceramic elements.
- SIKATOP 50 primer for mortar substrates, plaster, plaster, etc.
SIKADECOR 803 levelling coat with SIKA ARMATOP 100 fibreglass mesh. On tile substrates, prior to this coat, all joints between tiles are sealed with a first sealing coat.
Layer of decorative microcement SIKADECOR 801 on a regularised support with SIKADECOR 803, of coloured decorative microcement coating SIKADECOR 801.
Two-component polyurethane silky matt seal coat SIKAFLOOR 304 W: Application of seal coat on SIKADECOR 801 microcement, a two-component water-based coat with very low VOC content.
DECORATION BY THEMING
Theming is the art of decorating indoor and outdoor spaces with special mortar that imitates certain original elements such as the following:
- Imitation of nature scenes: rocks, trees, mountains, cascades, etc.
- Reproduction of structural elements: pillars, facades, walls, floors, etc.
- Reproducton of historical and artistic elements: pyramids, temples, cathedrals, villages, ornamental figures, etc.
There are two different laying techniques for theming. In both, special thixotropic coloured mortars are used, which are applied mechanically by means of low-pressure spraying machines or manually with a trowel.
PRODUCTS AND TECHNIQUES FOR THEMING
The first technique is carried out using moulds (moulding), in which the final texture is obtained by pressing the flexible moulds into the mortar finish. In the second technique, once the mortar has been applied, the desired texture is achieved manually, using the appropriate tools (sculptor’s tools, brush, “crab”, trowel, etc.). The final finishes of the coatings obtained with special mortars have the following characteristics:
- High durability
- Can be used outdoors as well as indoors
- Mechanically resistant
For decoration work, we sometimes need or make use of a lifeline system, as these are moments of work at heights.